Monday, April 30, 2007

The Sopranos: Soft landing

At my day job, we often refer to a story about a elected official who once found it necessary to publicly disagree with another elected official, but not after privately warning his colleague, "Sorry, but I'm going to have to dump a bucket of shit on your head." Was David Chase giving a similar warning to fans of The Sopranos last night, via the scene of Vito Jr. defecating in the shower at his school's locker room? (For those of you not lucky enough to get HBO, we saw the splashdown but not, thank God, the entry into the atmosphere.) I think the scene was a message for someone, but I don't know whether he means that everyone is going to be disappointed with how the series ends, or just the viewers who want maximum bloodshed. I'm OK with the latter.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home