Monday, February 04, 2008

Patriots lose. HA-ha!

Sorry to get all Nelson Muntz about the Patriots losing the Super Bowl, but I can't take another victory parade trapping me inside my office building. The first time they won, I had a doctor's appointment scheduled on the morning of their parade, and when I went back to the office, I made the mistake of exiting Park Street station through a turnstile that wouldn't let me back in. Too late, I saw that Tremont Street was a solid, if rather doughy, mass of Patriots fans. I had to squeeze my way through the crowd and take refuge in the nearest building (it was cold that that February!), which was the St. Paul Episcopal Church. The church let people in the front door but wouldn't let anyone all the way through the building to escape out the back door (bastards!). So I spent about an hour and a half hiding in there while the Pats fans went nuts. I felt as if I were hiding from a sudden political revolution, hoping that whichever side won didn't have a problem with the church I had joined that day out of pure cowardice. So I hope the Pats lose again next year! It's OK if the Red Sox win the World Series again, though.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Rhea said...

I have the same problem. My office is near Boylston and Tremont.

2/04/2008 04:24:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Evidently the Giants were chosen by god to win...I find it all very amusing. Especially since ive recently become a Giants fan just to spite my friend God Picks Giants

2/04/2008 05:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home