Friday, May 11, 2007

"Nine o'clock guy" guy is not infallible!

After about a year of tracking my every move and judging my work habits, my "nine o'clock guy" guy slipped up this morning. (By the way, he's not the "nine o'clock guy." I am. It's like the difference between "Frankenstein" and "Frankenstein's monster.") Today, he spotted me as I came down the stairs to the Davis T stop, as usual, but for the first time in about a year, he grabbed a Boston Herald instead of a Globe and shoved it into my hand. "Err... could I have a Globe?" I asked. "Oh, jeez, I'm so sorry!" he said. "What's wrong with me? I was distracted by this guy!" (He pointed to a T "ambassador" idly standing next to him.) He was so chagrined that I felt almost calm, something that hasn't happened on a workday morning in a T station for years. Whatever evil he has in store for me will have to wait, as it will take several months for him to regain his aura of invincibility.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home